Tiro United Methodist Church Brief History

The below document is in the Crawford County Chapter of the Ohio Genealogical Society Church Records Collection. The Tiro U. M. Church was formed in October, 1877, by a group of United Brethren led by O. H. Ramsey. and known as the DeKalb United Brethren in Christ in the village of DeKalb Station. The village … Continue reading Tiro United Methodist Church Brief History

Zion Chapel United Methodist Church Brief History

The below document is in the Crawford County Chapter of the Ohio Genealogical Society Church Records Collection. The Zion Chapel United Methodist Church, a merged congregation since July 1, 1982, is located at the corner of St. Rt. 98 and Connely Road. The Liberty Chapel United methodist and the Zion United Methodist Churches merged after … Continue reading Zion Chapel United Methodist Church Brief History

Plankton United Methodist Church Brief History

The below document is in the Crawford County Chapter of the Ohio Genealogical Society Church Records Collection. Plankton United Methodist Church In the spring of 1897, in order to establish Methodism more fully in the Plankton Community, it was decided to build a new church there. And the church known as the Lykens Society, about … Continue reading Plankton United Methodist Church Brief History

Oceola United Methodist Church Brief History

The below document is in the Crawford County Chapter of the Ohio Genealogical Society Church Records Collection. Oceola United Methodist Church The years 1850 and 1851 mark the beginning of the Oceola United Brethren Society. Most of the early church history is obscure, but in the early years a break in the society occurred, the … Continue reading Oceola United Methodist Church Brief History

North Robinson United Methodist Church Brief History

The below document is in the Crawford County Chapter of the Ohio Genealogical Society Church Records Collection. North Robinson United Methodist Church The North Robinson United Brethren in Christ Society was organized some time previous to 1844 with eight charter members. In 1859, the first house of worship was erected a half mile south of … Continue reading North Robinson United Methodist Church Brief History