The Crawford County Chapter of OGS hosted Ronny Echelberger at the October meeting. Ronny is a dedicated preserver of Cemeteries and Gravstones, focusing in Richland County Ohio. Meeting attendees learned about terms like Taphophiles and Coimetromania and techniques for correctly preserving gravesites.
Taphophile: Someone who is interested in funerals, gravestone art, epitaphs and cemeteries.
Coimetromania: An abnormal attraction to and desire to visit cemeteries.
Ronny Echelberger provides preservation services like
- Preservation planning
- condition & risk assessments
- NCPTT compliant materials & techniques: cleaning, resetting, releveling, repair, stone replacement, masonry repointing & reconstruction, stone strengthening
- ground leveling, tree & vegetation removal, reseeding
- exploratory & archaeological searches
- historical & genealogical research